July 2, 2013

Playlist! Music of the Month: June 2013

With the beginning of July, check out our favorite K-Pop tracks from June!

Rachel
I'm a junkie for catchy tunes. I don't know anything about how a song should be structured or not, but as long as it's catchy (and occasionally, peppy), I'm hooked!

1.) 늑대와미녀 (Wolf)// 엑소 (EXO)

I can't stop listening to this song on repeat! The howls were ridiculous (and still are) but I'm over that. I'm totally in love with Baekhyun's and Chen's high notes. Totally psyched that they won both Music Bank and Music Core!!! EXO fighting!

2.) SUNSHINE// 레이보우 (Rainbow)

This is my aegyo song this summer! I need a sparkly song to get me in the mood of my job so this is the perfect song to put on repeat and make me happy and spunky.

3.) 와일드 (Wild)// 니인뮤지스 (NINE MUSES)

I never really listened to NINE MUSES before I heard this song. it was on the various music shows while I was in Korea and now I'm hooked!



4.) 3. 6. 5. [Hug Version - Chinese]// 엑소 (EXO) 

Who ever knew Kris could sing??? Also, I like Lay's voice and this is one of the many tracks where you can hear it. While it sounds a lot like One Direction, it's catchy and peppy. SM, have the boys promote this in the West. Look how well it went for One Direction!

5.) 블렉팅커벨 (Black Tinkerbell)// 쇼콜라 (Chocolat)

"Syndrome" was so-so and I loved "하루만 더 (One More Day)" but I really like this song! It's so catchy! It also makes me forget that Melanie and Tia are four years younger than me...

6.) 피터팬 (Peter Pan)/  彼得潘(Peter Pan)// 엑소 (EXO) [Both Versions]
Korean Version

Chinese Version

I guess I'm in a fantasy mood. it's such a sweet song. But in the Chinese version we really get to hear Tao sing! I also like the harmony around the 2:00 mark.

7.) Give It To Me// 씨스타 (SISTAR)

SISTAR always comes out with great summer songs! First "Loving U" and now "Give It To Me"! However, I have a dirty mind, so Give It To Me" sounds...odd...

8.) 한번 단 안아줘 (Hold Me Once Again)// 걸스데이 (Girl's Day)

My sister finds this song wildly irritating while I find it wildly addicting.

9.) 차마실래요? (Will You Have Some Tea?)// 헬로비너스 (HELLO VENUS)

Once again, another jam from the time I was in Korea. Can't get it out of my head!


10.) 좋아해도 되나요 (...Is It Okay?)// 에프엑스 [f(x)] This is peppy and upbeat and I totally know the feeling. Also a good song to sing to!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hara
I'm really into dubstep, hip-hop, and r&b these days...for me, it mostly depends on how long the song can keep my attention :)

1.) Black Pearl [Kiss Version - Korean]// 엑소 (EXO)

Definitely one of my most anticipated songs ever since EXO's debut teaser for Sehun was released! Back then was just an instrumental, so I was a little worried as to how EXO would incorporate their voices into a dubstep-oriented song. The end product is better than I expected; easily one of the best K-Pop songs ever released, for me!

2.) 늑대와미녀 (Wolf)// 엑소 (EXO)

Another one of EXO's songs which I really love! Honestly speaking, I really loved the random howls and the awkward "아 사랑해요 (ah, saranghaeyo)" parts. EXO were able to pull off such a complex-structured song; mad props to them! On lighter note, EXO SCORED THREE WINS THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!! /end fangirl feels

3.) 인어의 눈물 (Baby Don't Cry) [Kiss Version - Korean]// 엑소 (EXO)

Similar to "Black Pearl", I have been waiting for this song to come out since last year. The song itself is absolute perfection, need I say more?

4.) 기대해 (Expectation)// 걸스데이 (Girl's Day)

Although I really liked "반짝반짝 (Twinkle Twinkle)", I haven't paid much attention to them after that. However, "Expectation" really raised the bar for Girl's Day, and I totally cannot wait for their repackaged album this summer!

5.) No More Dream// 방탄소년단 (Bangtan Boys)

BEST DEBUT OF 2013!! So far, at least :) Seriously, I really love these guys! They are talented, and have powerful stage charisma. Just watch their debut stages for this week, trust me you'll be amazed!

6.) TRAP// Henry

I feel like somewhere in the heavens God heard my prayers about SM giving Henry a chance to go solo. I mean seriously, the kid is extremely talented! he can sing, dance, rap, and he even had those other amazing qualities like being able to play the piano and violin. Like he has the potential to face the K-Pop world by himself, and I can't be grateful enough that he was given that chance :') "TRAP" is definitely one of my favorite songs of all time, no doubt about that.

7.) I Got A Boy// 소녀시대 (Girls' Generation)

I really loved Girls' Generation's comeback song this year! It was very colorful, vibrant, and most importantly, new. Although "I Got A Boy" lacked proper flow, the different parts of song were definitely well done!

8.) 여자친구에게 (To My Girlfriend)// Tritops

 I started listening to this song towards the end of June and I have to say that this is one of the best classical-influenced love songs ever!! It starts off with Pachebel's "Canon" on G-minor and carries that tune into the song. It's really sweet and sounds really amazing so if you haven't checked it out yet, I promise you won't be disappointed!

9.) Because I'm Stupid// SS501

I have always heard about "Boys Over Flowers" being one of the best K-Dramas ever, so I decided to give it a try. After just the first episode, I have to say OMG ITS SO PERFECT LIKE I CAN'T EVEN JI HOO OPPA!!!!!!! It's such an amazing show, and the soundtracks are even more amazing! This song is one of my favorites and similar to Tritop's "여자친구에게" this song is also a classical-influenced love track as the beginning is started off with Liszt's "La Romanesca", and carries through. Absolutely beautiful!


10.) Spoiler// 샤이니 (SHINee)


"Dream Girl" wasn't exactly my cup of tea but "Spoiler" definitely made looking forward to this comeback worthwhile! I really like the song, and wish SM had picked this one as SHINee's title track, to be honest. I was really surprised at the fact that Jonghyun wrote the lyrics for "Spoiler", because it's brilliant! Easily one of my favorite non-title tracks!

What are your favorite songs from June? Leave a comment below and let us know!

No comments:

Post a Comment