May 28, 2013

EXO's Wolf - Teasers - MVs

EXO's teasers for "Wolf" have been unleashed!

First of all, I didn't think I'd like "Wolf".  The leaked version (which you can no longer access on YouTube) was definitely my least favorite EXO song.  But they seemed to have revamped it a little.

However, I do take issue with their pronunciation of "wolf".  With a host of native English speakers under their belt (Tiffany, Henry, Amber, Jessica - heck even Krystal, BoA, and Kris have good enough pronunciation), you think they'd have SOMEONE checking pronunciation and grammar for their studio releases.
Seeing as my dad constantly hammered pronunciation into my head (it bothers me how people can say "well" and "whale" exactly the same way), it is laughable the way they say "oolf".
"I'm a oolf, I'm a oolf!" ....*fail* -_-

Anyway I am excited for the music video!  Finally we might get a music video from SM with a story line, a là Zhang Liyin's "I will" and "Timeless"!
A drama version and dance version would be lovely!



Their choreography is also something of note.  Seeing as the members are all young and spry and SM finally has the hang of things with coordinating dances for 9+ members, it will be interesting how it all turns out!

The biggest point of interest, though, is the appearance of a leading lady!  Especially seeing as she's not currently part of SM's line-up of artists.  Perhaps a future member of EXO's sister group??
So far SM has either used faceless leads (Super Junior's "No Other" and SHINee's "Dream Girl" - anyone else think it was slightly creepy she had flowers for a face?) or people under their label.
[The one notable exception being the "witch" in TVXQ's "Mirotic")
Victoria is known to have taken part in "Noona Nomu Yeppeo" prior to her debut.  She was shown about a year and 3/4ths before her debut with f(x).

Here are the teasers!

Music Teaser



Now here's the MVs!


I have to say I am now really addicted to this song...however I doubt I will ever blast this from my speakers for the world to hear.  My dad pokes fun at K-Pop and he'll definitely take a few jabs at the howling... ><
I like how this is not heavy on the autotune and that you can still the members' voices.  They also made use of the fact they do have 12 decent singers/rappers.  I'm loving the harmony!
Probably because I can understand it better, I am biased towards the Korean version.  However, I think they split the parts up more evenly for the Chinese version.  I also really think the line "Hey, bie da rao" fits the wolf theme more.  The way Chinese pronounces the "r" makes it sound more wolfish. :)

On a side note, I would love to hear a vocally focused subunit consisting of Baekhyun, Chen, Luhan, D.O. and Xiumin.  They probably won't have another subunit, but maybe at least a Baekhyun/Chen duet?  I love their voices. :)

I know back when MAMA was released there were some anti-fan comments about them being part of the Illuminati...lol...but I guess this song doesn't help...

Credit:  SM Entertainment YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment